In order to prevent the COVID-19 disease spread among the UW community, the Rector of the University of Warsaw decided that the Library is closed until further notice.
All reading rooms and Open Stacks still remain closed to users.
Trainings, library tours, meetings are cancelled until 31 August 2020.
We would like to inform you that from May 18th, 2020, the Library resumed lending (Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm) and free scanning services as well as individual, pre-arranged appointments with readers. More information.
Do you need assistance? If you are looking for literature or need any other information on the library resources, you may contact us:
- by e-mail: email@example.com,
- using Ask a Librarian chat (Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.),
- on our Facebook profile.
- the expiry date of the library accounts of students, doctoral students and employees of the University of Warsaw has been automatically extended to October 31st, 2020,
- the due date for borrowed items (books, keys etc.) has been set to May 30,
- no penalties will be charged from March 11 to May 30,
- requests already made will be valid until May 30.
– the University of Warsaw Students and Employees have remote access to the collection of books and electronic journals subscribed by UW, available from the University of Warsaw Library (BUW) in the ‘Online resources’ tab (https://www.buw.uw.edu.pl/zasoby-online /), after logging in with the library card number and password,
– the University of Warsaw Students and Employees who have got their ELS/ELD/ELP (Electronic Student/Employee ID) and have not registered yet, can register online. Please check out the Registration section The account activation website is available in Polish only,
– new password can be set using the ‘Forgot your password?’ functionality, on the Login page. Instruction
Published: 11 March 2020